View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2018, 1:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New player help 

PSN ID: evomedia
Post New player help
Ok, so first time I booted up the free roam last night... one second later was shot, spawned again...and shot, spawned again and shot... Is it me or is that frustrating.

I guessed I was missing something here, so wanted to ask everyones advice.

After a hundred deaths I started to see what seems like very annoying problems with free range for those just starting.

First off spawning at about the same spot every time is a nightmare for those starting out, I was killed 20 times before even getting to a rock because a murderous player with a snipers rifle was sat waiting me... i just died time and time again, why oh why not have an option to spawn away from a death trap.

So I finally managed to escape... or so I though, I then find the player can apparently see me on the radar wherever I am, is it just me or spawning time and time again in someones sights and having no way to get away, and even if you do they can see exactly where I am at all times anyway seems a bit daft. Is there any way to hide from other plays on the radar?

I simply don't understand why freeroam doesn't hide you on other peoples radar unless they actually spot you first or are in your posse. Maybe I'm missing something here, any advice, I read that I should level up in structured games first?

Any advice very welcome... being killed a hundred times by another player with a death wish got really really frustrating when I simply had no possibility of escape. Or is that just how it is?

July 6th, 2010, 7:56 am

XBL GamerTag: eLtOnI0
XFire: eltonio29
Post Re: New player help
You just joined a bad game, some others are more calm and will let you do what you want. Most of the time escaping the battlefield is enough to ride quietly :)

My Gamercard

July 8th, 2010, 3:22 am

XBL GamerTag: SquareGamerGuy
I haven't tested this with friends yet but I think I read that if you sneak or walk slowly you are invisible to a degree.

But yeah like it was said above, just leave and join another game. In time you will get so used to it that you can squash greifers like little bugs. If I see someone targeting someone over and over again I like to give them a little of their own meds and camp them till they leave or run away crying.

July 8th, 2010, 7:48 am

XBL GamerTag: LionMyth
There's not much you can do besides joining a different free roam session.

You can try joining a posse. Once accepted you can transport away from the obsessed idiot. Besides that, there is some safety in numbers. You'll also be able to level up faster if your posse is attacking gang hideouts. Leveling up will give you a faster horse and better gun. You'll, thus, have a better chance against the obsessed idiots that take things a bit too far.

Good luck and happy trails.

July 11th, 2010, 11:45 am

XBL GamerTag: ClintEaststick
Yea....these are what I call GTA players, assholes who have come over from GTAIV and they're usually between the ages of 6 and 12 with an itchy trigger finger. Turn you're mike down and fast transport FAR AWAY.

I don't even do public free roam unless im with friends, its pointless. No matter how many times I spawn with my High Power pistol and blow these players away, another six year old will always come screaming over the hill and kill me.

If you want to level up, join a "private" free roam match, you're alone in the world of RDR, everything you do still counts toward points. Maybe even invite some friends.

Yippy Kai AY! :cen

http://unifyingforce.adoforum.net -The Order Of The Unifying force Star Wars The Old Republic-Clan/Guild Join now!

July 11th, 2010, 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]